Saturday, June 18, 2011

Beauty Queens

What's that?

A book about a plane full of teenage beauty queens crashing on a deserted* island?
Is that you I hear in the background shrieking hurraaaaaah?

Oh wait, that's me.
Hurraaaaaah!

Now, I'm sure you all remember Libba Bray from the thoroughly excellent Going Bovine? Or perhaps from the Gemma Doyle series?
Even if you don't, I'm sure you are all very eager to absorb her latest offering, Beauty Queens. Not only is the cover entirely appealing,

(does anyone else also now want a sash like that?) the story is rawther fab also. And it is worth reading just for The Peacock and General Good Times.

I thoroughly enjoyed this. It was an easy, fun read, but also had an interesting social commentary lurking in the background. Recommended!


*Perhaps not entirely deserted. But I shall say no more here. Apart from that there are some REALLY BIG snakes. And they are a bit sparkly. AWESOME.

-clare-

No comments:

Post a Comment

and so what do YOU think?