Tuesday, May 31, 2011

CON-NERD

At the Younger Sun, we love Oliver Phommavanh. His first book:



...was hilarious and fabulous. Lengy's parents own the local Thai restaurant but Lengy just wants to eat normal food. But when he starts year seven all his new mates think it's really cool that Lengy's Thai.

And now! Introducing:


IT'S ONE SMALL STEP FOR NERDS, ONE GIANT LEAP TO BEING COOL.

Mama tells me I'm gifted and talented. But I know the truth. I'm just a nerd.
Kids call me Con-nerd - half Connor and all nerd.
I'm supposed to become a doctor but i have this deep, dark secret: I want to be a cartoonist.
And all of a sudden my mega-cool comics are getting noticed at school - I might even get into a special art class . That would sure impress this girl I'm keen on . . . and it might just be my chance to show the world my true destiny.
But I'm not sure Mama will see it quite that way . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

and so what do YOU think?