Friday, January 7, 2011

Teen Bookclub 2010 : FEBRUARY

SATURDAY 5th FEBRUARY at 2PM

Dancing in the Dark by Robyn Bavati


He tossed her into the air as if she were weightless, and just for a moment she seemed suspended there, defying gravity. I couldn't take my eyes off her. I knew what she was feeling. It was in every movement of every limb.

Here was a power I had never seen before, a kind of haunting loveliness I had never imagined. Seeing it made me long for something, I didn't know what...

Ditty was born to dance, but she was also born Jewish. When her strictly religious parents won't let her take ballet lessons, Ditty starts to dance in secret. But for how long can she keep her two worlds apart? And at what cost?
A dramatic and moving story about a girl who follows her dream, and finds herself questioning everything she believes in.

The author, Robyn Bavati, will be at bookclub(!!) - so bring along all your questions to get answers right from the source!

No comments:

Post a Comment

and so what do YOU think?